All about WordPress – Comprehensive Guide
WordPress is a powerful and easy to use content management system. It allows you to create beautiful websites without having to learn HTML or CSS. Many people have built their entire business on wordpress and even more are using it for their personal sites. However, there are some things that you should know before you get started with WordPress…
What is WordPress?
WordPress, a free and open source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL, is the most popular CMS in use today. It’s used by over 25% of websites online, including such high-profile sites as TIME Magazine and TechCrunch. In fact, WordPress powers more than 70 million websites worldwide! It was originally developed in 2003 and currently boasts over 64.1% market share of all websites, according to W3Techs.
A Few Things You Need to Start a WordPress Website.
Hosting – A place to set up your website.
You need to choose a hosting provider that is secure, reliable and affordable. You may have to pay a few hundred dollars for hosting, but if you don’t want to commit to that much money, there are other options. For example, you can use Bluehost’s managed WordPress hosting for $3.95/month or less where they host your site for you and make sure it’s secure. To get started with Bluehost, click here: https://www.bluehost.com/
Domain – Where the website lives and people find you.
The domain name is your business or brand name. It’s what people will type into their browser to get to your site, whether it’s www.wordpress.com/learning-center/ or simply learningcenterwordpresscom/.
You’ll need a domain name and SSL certificate so people know your website is safe (and not some scammer trying to steal their credit card number). You can purchase both at Namecheap – https://www.namecheap.com/
It might seem like a small thing, but when you’re trying to build trust with potential customers and clients, having a clear and memorable URL can go a long way toward helping them remember who you are—and possibly even help them remember that they want something from you in the first place!
SSL Certificate – Keeps you safe from hackers.
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and is an encryption method used to secure web pages. An SSL certificate ensures that your website is safe from hackers who might want to steal your users’ sensitive data such as credit card numbers, email addresses, and passwords. A free SSL certificate can be obtained from various sources, including Godaddy and Namecheap, but it’s best if you install one yourself so you have full control over it. If you don’t have access to a computer or know how to use one then this may not be so easy for you, but there are plenty of tutorials out there on YouTube which will show you how easy it really is!
Once installed, however, keeping an SSL certificate up-to-date should be fairly simple since most providers offer auto-renewal options where they do all the work for us! The only thing left for us then would be checking our emails once in a while just in case our provider needs something from us (like changing passwords).
WordPress Theme – The design of your site.
WordPress themes are the design templates of your WordPress website. They can be used to create unique and attractive websites, or they can be used as a starting point for something new. WordPress themes are created by developers, who are paid to design them. There are thousands of free WordPress theme downloads available online. You can choose one from themeforest These free themes can be easily installed into your existing WordPress site with just a few clicks!
Some premium theme developers sell access to their premium themes with an annual fee or monthly payment method (usually through PayPal). These premium themes usually offer more features and functionality than the standard free ones available on the internet.
WordPress plugins are like apps for your website. They can be used to add functionality to your website, such as adding e-commerce capabilities to your site or allowing you to display a contact form on the front page. Some plugins are free and open source, while others require payment (or have a paid version).
Some plugins allow you to create custom pages that would not normally be available in WordPress by default, such as a contact page or an “about me” page. Plugins can also provide additional security features on your site by implementing user authentication (such as requiring people who want to comment on blog posts), making sure all visitors have cookies enabled, preventing brute force attacks (where someone tries different passwords until they get one right), blocking spam bots from registering accounts with many spammy domains at once etc..
WordPress plugins can help your website run faster, too. For example, they might compress all of your images into smaller sizes so they load quicker when someone visits it. If you have a lot of blog posts on your site, they might also help you organize them into categories and tags.
We’ve compiled a list of the most popular WordPress plugins.
1. WProcket – This plugin helps you to speedup your wordpress site. Its an all in one tool which improves your google page speed score, Core web vitals and caching.
2. Nitro Pack– This is a powerful plugin which makes your website very fast. Its the best speed optimisation tool available in the market. It has featured like caching, image optimisation and CDN.
3. WooCommerce Product Addons – Product add-ons are the most powerful way to sell products and add-on services on your ecommerce site.
4. WP Customer Reviews – It has got some of the most advanced features like review ratings, product review template, email notifications etc., which will help you to increase sales by encouraging customers to leave reviews on their purchases.
5. WPforms – It is the most user friendly contact form plugin for WordPress.
6. Yoast SEO – This plugin helps you achieve higher search engine rankings by making sure that your content is optimized for SEO purposes such as keywords and meta descriptions etc.
7. Monster Insights – This is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It allows you to connect your website with Google Analytics, so you can see exactly how people find and use your website. It shows you all the important statistics inside your WordPress dashboard.
How much does it cost to start a WordPress website?
To answer this question, first you need to ask yourself what kind of website you want to create. Is it a blog? Will it have e-commerce capabilities? Are you looking for an online store that sells products or services? What kind of features do you want included with your site?
Once you’ve answered these questions, the next step is deciding which hosting provider is right for your needs. There are hundreds of hosting providers out there—some good and some not so good—so it’s important to make sure that the one that offers services that meet your requirements in terms of price, functionality, download speed and uptime.
Once a hosting provider has been chosen (or if this was done prior to looking at which hosts offer WordPress), then it’s time to move onto choosing a domain name and SSL certificate. These two things will depend on whether or not the company already owns the domain name they wish their new site would be hosted under; if not, then they’ll need one before proceeding further with development so as not get any legal issues later down road (i.e., someone else might already own “your” domain name). If this does happen though (i
How do I start creating website with WordPress?
- Download the WordPress software. Whether you’re doing this on your computer or your mobile device, download the WordPress app and install it. If you don’t have a copy of WordPress yet, you can get it for free at – https://wordpress.org/download/
- Create an account with a domain registrar to purchase a domain name (i.e., www.yourdomainnameexamplecom). You can use either GoDaddy or SiteGround, which are both great options that allow you to quickly set up your website once all of its elements are in place—including security, plugins and themes—and then go live with just one click! Once everything is set up, just click on “Go Live” under the Dashboard in your dashboard section within WordPress and voila! Your website will be live to anyone who visits it via their browser address bar!
How do I edit my WordPress site?
To edit your site, you can:
- Edit your content in a browser by clicking the “Edit” button on the menu bar.
- Edit your content using a desktop application. Windows users can use Notepad or TextEdit; Mac users can use TextEdit or BBEdit.
- Edit your content using an app on your phone. You’ll need to download and install it first! We recommend writing down what changes you’ve made so that when it comes time to update, you don’t accidentally overwrite them.
- Install plugins that unlock new features of WordPress, like commenting or image galleries (and we’ll show how). Some plugins also let you edit specific parts of your website directly through their own user interface without having to log into WordPress itself at all!
Things to Look For in a Managed WordPress Hosting Provider.
1. An Affordable Pricing Structure
Managed WordPress hosting providers can charge a lot of money for the service they offer, but it’s worth the investment. Make sure you’re getting what you pay for, though—a good managed WordPress hosting provider will be able to offer a reasonably-priced package that will provide all of the necessary features.
2. A Dedicated Support Team
If you have questions or need help with anything related to your site and its management, you’ll want to make sure your provider has an active support team ready to answer those questions quickly.
3. A Backup Plan
Every site crashes at some point—it’s just part of running a website! But that doesn’t mean you should accept downtime as inevitable when managing your own site; a good managed WordPress hosting provider will have a backup plan in place so that if something happens to your site they can get it back up and running as soon as possible.
It’s very easy to create a WordPress site and it is even easier to manage it after that.
- WordPress is free and easy to use. All you have to do is download the software, install it on your server, and then start building your site!
- It’s also very easy to customize WordPress sites as well. With just a little bit of HTML knowledge and some CSS skills, you can create almost any kind of website with this amazing platform!
With all of these things in mind, we can now say that WordPress is a great option for anyone looking to get started with creating their own website. It has the capabilities of a CMS but it also has some advanced features that make managing your site easy as pie. If you are looking to develop a wordpress website , you can easily take the decision now.